- You can name 10 uses for coconut oil without Googling or checking Pinterest.
- Your idea of ‘just like a chocolate milkshake only crunchy’ involved almond milk, bananas, nut butter, and cacao nibs.
- You spend an inordinate amount of time picking chia seeds out of your teeth.
- You couldn’t clean your house without baking soda and vinegar.
- You’ve traded in Chanel for home-crafted scents from Etsy. You persist, despite sometimes smelling suspiciously like an antique store run by an over-enthusiastic herbalist.
- You put a lot of food on your face. And underarms (coconut oil, baking powder and arrowroot starch only… so far).
- You spend as much time reading cosmetic labels as food labels, and in both cases, that is a lot of time.
- You’ve had an angry outburst in the aisles of a supermarket upon discovering the questionable ingredients that are in processed foods you’ve always eaten.
- You have the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep database in your favourites.
- You have not only changed your own diet to one considered unconventional by most of your peers, you’ve converted your family … and your pets.
I’m moving toward crunchy and proud these days.
And my ten uses for coconut oil, besides the aforementioned deodorant: cooking oil, home-made chocolate base, smoothie thickener, hair mask, skin moisturiser, shaving cream, eczema treatment, make-up remover, oil-pulling, and a spoonful with my multivitamin to encourage absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, & K).
Any others? I need MOAR COCONUT OIL (clearly) 😀